Is Wix good for beginners?
This Wix tutorial shows how perfect it is. First of all, the platform takes care of all the most common parts of the website. You need to follow the instructions as I show in my previous article. In the first part, I covered registration and created a website on Wix website builder.
Any coding or IT-related experience is not required.
How do I edit an existing Wix website?
After you publish the website, it might be challenging to find the edit button. To edit your website wix you should press the left bottom button. It is black—That’s why it is sometimes challenging to see it.
How do I use Wix website?
In the previous Wix tutorial 2020, there were no detailed examples. In 2021 I have added a lot of videos and detailed explanations for each step. After this tutorial, you will never ask, “How do you use Wix?” again. Because here you will see:
- Detailed text explanation of each part;
- Gif animation of each step;
- Wix tutorial videos that provide much more details;
Here we will cover the setup of all critical sections.
How to switch between different pages with Wix tutorial tips?
You have to be in edit mode. And on the left top corner, you can find the drop-down menu. There you can choose the page you want to edit.
Steps to create a website on Wix?
Keep in mind that you don’t need to remember how each section works. You need to understand the main logic of the process.
After you finish the first part of my Wix website tutorial, we can manage to edit the website’s main sections. Keep in mind that you don’t need to remember how each section works. You need to understand the main logic of the process.
“About company” page setting up.
On this page, you should clear deliver the message of who you are. If you have any certificates, you could add them to this page according to this Wix tutorial. We will have a separate page with references, but if you have them, you can show them on this page as well. Here you can choose some
- Base design. If you click on the section and click on “Section Design” you will be able to choose some of the prepared templates. That will save a lot of your time because you don’t need to think how it supposes to looks like. You can just from the list and see the result
- Besides that, you can edit any text in this section. Just click on any element and put any data you want. As I said earlier, you need to understand how it works, and you don’t need to remember all steps by memory.
Why do I like this website builder? Because it prepopulates all sections with template data. It’s easier to edit existing than write new from scratch.
“Contact” page setting up.
In this tutorial for Wix, we can edit the contact page the same way as others. But it provides its exciting functionality. Here we will have a contact form to get contacts from the user. Besides that, we will show our address on the map.
- In the same way as the “About Us” page we can choose the template design for this module;
- Then we should change text fields. For instance, instead of “Contacts,” you can say “Call us Now!”. I would recommend you leave short and easy-to-read information related to the contacts page.
- Another critical element of the page is the contact form. I have experimented with different fields. As a result, I saw that the name field plus phone field works much better than the name field plus email field. And the worst way works when we ask to fill three fields. As less, we ask the user to leave in the information fields as more submitted forms we got. Especially it is essential for mobile users. So don’t make your forms over complicated. I removed some fields. Instead of “Submit,” I put a call-to-action message to motivate the user to fill the form.
“Why choose us” page setting up.
In this section, you should answer one question “Why the customer should buy your product”? This section is critical because that information will help the customer make the decision. On this page, you can include such information as:
- Describe your experience and expertise in the field;
- Show some reviews from customers;
- If you have any rewards or certificates, you need to show them as well;
- Besides the points above, you need to show all information that might help you sell the product or service. Which is relevant to your industry;
Wix provides you some templates to choose from. So you don’t even need to think how it supposes to look like. Just click “Section Design” and select any design you like.
After that, you can edit the text field with your text information. Plus, I would recommend adding the “More” button so after click user will jump to the buy page;
You don’t need to repeat each step. I just teach you to understand the way it works. So you can set it up without me.
“Pricing” page setting up.
The Pricing section is also essential. My Wix tutorial shows you an excellent way to show the difference between all your prices in one place. So your customer will save a lot of time comparing different offers.
This section works the same way as others. First of all, you should choose the design. Click on “Section Design” and select any design you want.
Then pick any text sections you want to use:
You can put any media background if you want as well.
In the last step, you need to set up the information your customers will see in each separate item. You can add and remove that sections. And after that, change the text or picture.
“Get Quote” page setting up.
From my perspective, the “Contact Form” is the most critical element in getting the contact process. It is the final step before the customer will get in touch with you. So you need to make this step as simple as possible. I experimented, and I was shocked when figured out that:
- With fields name + phone, I received six filled forms out of ten;
- With fields name + phone + email, I received only one filled form of ten;
That experiment shows how one field could change the conversion. I recommend you make the form as easy as possible. Especially it is critical with mobile users. Nobody likes to write a lot of text from their mobile.
Just follow the same steps. Pick the design first and then edit fields as you want.
“FAQ” page setting up.
The section of Frequently Asked Questions is not critical previous, but it is beneficial. According to the statistics, people ask the same type of questions before buying something. So it will be helpful for users to get all needed information very quickly. It will save a lot of your time because they will not ask you these questions on the phone.
The way of editing this section is the same. In the first step, you are choosing the design. And on the second step, you are editing items and put the information you want.
Why Wix website builder tutorial is the best?
It is better even in comparison with official documentation. Because this Wix editor tutorial explains how the system works, after understanding all main approaches, you will be able to edit any part of your website. It does not cover any code, and you don’t need to be familiar with the code to make it work. Enjoy this Wix website builder tutorial and share it on Facebook to support.
If you don’t have a logo yet, check my guide to create a free logo without any help.
Follow my Facebook page.
You may also like this: