The best-detailed Wix tutorial that will help you create a website with the help of free website builder. Just go step-by-step, and you will get a ready-to-use website. I will cover all blocks and parts that are critical for any website. Since many parts need to be covered, we will prepare content and create a website in this particular here. In the next part, we will go deep into setting it up.
Since many parts need to be covered, we will prepare content and create a website in this particular here. In the next part, we will go deep into setting it up.
- What is the best website builder
- Is Wix really free?
- Is Wix easy to learn?
- Most important parts of the website to prepare
- How long to learn Wix?
- What content need to prepare before create a website
- How to prepare images
- How to prepare text
- Start work with Wix
- Setup design
What is the best free website builder?
The last time I was using Wix in 2008, I liked it even at that time. I found it as the simplest solution for a quick start. But I was shocked when I tried to create a website in 2021. They did a fantastic job! They have made optimization for all parts of the creation of the website. So if my friends or family asked me to create a website, I would recommend Wix.
Is Wix really free?
I want to say yes, but I can’t. It would better if you understood that it is a huge business. People invest money in this company. You can find its shares on the market. So why it would be free. The Wix company provides some functionality for free. But most of the time, that functionality will be enough only for a start. After you finish setting up your website, you would like to add some basic features. For instance, you would like to add your domain. And here you will have to pay for a subscription.
For instance, you would like to add your domain. And here you will have to pay for a subscription
Is Wix easy to learn?
Yes, it is. You don’t need to know programming to create a website. It works by using the system of drag-and-drop. Just grab the element you want and put it in the right place. But it will take for while if you did not have the experience.
You don’t need to know programming to create a website.
You will need to understand what sections you will have to add. The most common are:
- Why choose us;
- Services / Pricing;
- Request a quote;
How long does it take to learn Wix?
It depends on your experience. As I said earlier, you will not have to have any programming knowledge. But you need to know what steps to do to get a stunning result.
I would divide the creation of the website into two parts:
- Making a website and prepare all pages and navigation. It might take for about an hour;
- Populate all pages with the content. This step depends on the readiness of the content;
These are the main content parts you need to worry about before start making a website:
- Make a logo. I have another step-by-step tutorial that explains “how to make a logo for free“;
- Prepare text. I recommend you make unique texts. Because Google does not like when people copy others’ text, you can get a penalty.
- Prepare images. That was one of the most complicated parts about five or ten years ago. And people spent a lot of money to make images for a website. And I was surprised when Wix put some basic pictures to start for me;
These are the main three things you should prepare before start making a website.
Prepare logo / text / images. These are the main three things you should prepare before start making a website.
How to prepare images for simple free website builder?
When you create a website on this simple free website builder, you are going through step-by-step instructions. And at the end, Wix will populate some pictures based on the theme and template you choose. So it will save a lot of time and money for you. So you could start very quickly. But if you want to use your own images, you will have to:
- Resize it properly. Before resizing it, you need to get the correct dimensions in pixels. There is one service I have found on google for that purpose. You can search for “resize image,” and you will get a lot of results;
- Compress the image. Don’t upload heave photos on the website. It will decrease the speed of the website, and your users will not like it. Google monitors how fast your website is, and if it is more than 2.5 seconds, it is a bad signal. To compress the image, just google “compress image” and use any of the solutions. I was using this one;
Google monitors how fast your website is, and if it is more than 2.5 seconds, it is a bad signal.
How to prepare text if you create a free small business website?
When you prepare a text, you should think about several critical things. Those things will help your website look good from the user point of view and Google. It is a long term investment, therefore it worth it to spend some time on it:
- It is good to have at least five hundred or more words on the page. And it is good to SEO optimize the text with needed keywords. In case you are not familiar with SEO, you can write unique text and pay some SEO person to optimize it. SEO helps to rank your website higher in Google. The unique text means you did not copy-paste it from another website. There are a lot of tools on the internet that might help you to run this check. Just search for “check text plagiarism” in Google. On the screenshot below, you can see one of the examples
It is good to have at least five hundred or more words on the page
- Format text in an easy-to-read way. For instance:
- Write at least five hundred characters per paragraph. But not more than one thousand. Put subtitles for each paragraph, so it is easier to read it;
- Use lists. If you talk about several things, you should better use some bullet lists. Users and Google will like it;
- Don’t forget to use subtitles for each paragraph;
As a result, you will have all the needed content if you create a page on free website builder.
How to start work with free Wix website builder? Easiest website creator.
Now, we will go through the registration and first setup process. But it would be best if you kept in mind that it is constantly changing with time because it is always making some changes in the interface. The main idea here is to understand how it works and use it even if you don’t see the same user interface as I show in this Wix tutorial.
The main idea here is to understand how it works and use it even if you don’t see the same user interface as I show in this Wix tutorial
Let’s go step-by-step through this process and at the end, we will get a website:
- First, go to wix.com and click “Get Started.”
- Then you need to sign up. You can register with an email or use Facebook / Google account
- After registration, there will be several questions to figure out details regarding your business.
- As an example, I took AC Repair Services. But you can choose whatever you want.
- In this step, you can choose modules you want to include in your website. I want to book estimates for my customers. That’s why I included the Booking module. Besides that, I would like to have the opportunity to chat with the users, so I included the chat module.
- Then I have chosen “It’s already open,” after that “11-50.
- In this step, you can choose any module you want. If you cover an icon with the mouse, you will get the full description of each point
- Here I choose “This is my first time” to allow the system to do all jobs for me.
Choosing the template when creating a website on Wix creator.
We have provided some basic information about our business to the Wix, and now it is time to set up the visual part. Assume I am not familiar with website builders, and I don’t want to spend time on them. I rely on the system for 100% and want to make everything as quickly as possible with less effort. So I am asking the system to choose a template for me. And I click “Start Now”
I rely on the system for 100% and want to make everything as quickly as possible with less effort.
In the next step, I will put my business’s name and add the website and location.
That is the example of the website I received after this part of the setup. In this part, we have prepared the content for the website and created it. In the next part, we will set up the main components.
You may also like this: