If you want to edit the Wix website, you should understand how does that platform work. But you are lucky because, from the user point of view, the Wix is one of the best and easiest to edit website builders. Because it works on principles of drag-and-drop. That means you don’t need to know code or programming. You are just editing it with the help of your mouse. The first step to go into Wix editor is to open the dashboard.
How do I open a dashboard in Wix?
To open the client dashboard and make changes to your portal, you should follow these steps. After this, you will be able to get edit Wix website link:
- Login wix.com
- Go to the My Sites tab in the top menu
- Put your mouse on top of the website you want to make changes
- Click on “Select & Edit site”
How do I edit my Wix site?
Sometimes users got problems and asking themselves, “Why can’t I edit my Wix website”. However, it is straightforward, and you need to follow three basic steps:
- Choose the right page with the required element;
- Click on the component that you want to edit;
- Change the information inside the chosen element;
For instance, if you are managing the Wix business website and you want to change contact information. For that purpose, you need to go in edit mode and then:
- Pick the contact page;
- Click on the phone number;
- Change the number and save the changes;
Can I edit WIX website on phone?
If you want to make changes with your mobile’s help, you can follow the same steps above. In addition to that, I would recommend using the Wix mobile editor application.
Why can’t I edit my site on Wix?
Maybe because you are not in edit mode, or the second reason might be no right to edit the element.
How do I add a page to my Wix page?
Above all, keep in mind that the website contains pages. The page is the fundamental element.
You can add the page while you are in edit mode after these steps:
- Click on “Add” tab
- Then select “Page.”
- After that, you will be able to pick the template you want. In the list, you can find all the most common types of pages. It might be “About,” “Contact,” “Why choose us,” “Welcome,” and others. Besides that, you could find more complicated templates like “Orders,” “Subscribe,” or “Forum;
How do I manage pages on Wix?
Since we already know that the website contains pages, keep in mind that each page includes elements. To manage data on the web page, you should set up each element to explain editing the most common features you can find in this article.
How do I add a page section on Wix?
If you want to add a new section on the page, you should first open the needed page, as I show HERE. And then follow these steps:
- Put the cursor over the section in which you want to add an element and see a big circle with a plus sign inside. Click on that plus sign;
- On the left side, you will see all available modules that you can add;
- You need to drag-and-drop the element whenever you need;
- Then you can edit your Wix website with any element as you need. How to edit the most common elements you can find in THIS article.
Making a page on Wix is like doing a puzzle. In other words, the editor provides you lot of small pieces that you just put together as you want. And the list of the sections that you can add is huge.
How to add an app to your page?
Page section is nothing but part of the page that provides some media or text content. Because the app is a more complicated mechanism that has some logic behind it. For instance, if you want to show some “About Us” paragraph, it will be a page section. But if you’re going to add Forum or an online store, it will be the app. Do you see the difference in complexity? Moreover, one more thing I noticed about the apps is that you will find them on the dashboard after adding them to the page. From the user point of view, it becomes easy to control the modules from one place: dashboard while editing existing Wix website.
The list of applications includes:
- Online Programs (Create and sell step-by-step training programs.)
- Groups (Create active communities for your site members.)
- Chat (Chat with site visitors from desktop or mobile.)
- Blog (Write posts to drive traffic and share your ideas.)
- Bookings (Let clients book private & group sessions on your site.)
- Pricing plans (Sell subscriptions & memberships.)
- Member’s area (Let members create their own private accounts on your site.)
- Forum (Start discussions and build community.)
- Online Store (Sell your products or find new products to sell.)
- Restaurants (Take food orders and table reservations online.)
- Instagram feed (Display your pics & videos from Instagram.)
- Music (Stream and sell your music commission free.)
- Bandsintown (List all your upcoming live events.)
- Video (Share, stream and sell your videos.)
- Events (Create events, sell tickets & track RSVPs.)
- A single event (Create an event, sell tickets & track RSVPs.)
- HTML Embed (Embed pages, apps & widgets from other sites.)
Follow my Facebook page.
You may also like this: